What's your position on MN Wolf Management?
Post date: Aug 31, 2014 6:29:55 PM
I support the full implementation of the Minnesota Wolf Management Plan.
Some of the key points of the Minnesota Wolf Management Plan (my summary):
- Be smart in preventing wolf-human conflict: the harassment or attack by wolves of people, pets, or livestock.
- Develop best management practices (BMPs) that reserve lethal control for wolves that threaten wolf/human conflict.
- Develop best management practices (BMPs) that emphasize economical, non-lethal depredation control.
- Educate and encourage people to coexist with wildlife and avoid wolf-human conflicts.
- Educate and encourage livestock producers to use livestock BMPs to avoid wolf-human conflicts.
- Leave wolves alone where they live free of wolf/human conflict.