Time to take local action in Marshall, MN
Post date: Feb 26, 2016 7:14:16 AM
Update, 2/5/2016, Petition to Prohibit Wildlife Killing Contests in Minnesota.
Opponents of the "Save the Birds" Coyote Hunting Tournament, scheduled for 2/19/2016 - 2/20/2016 in Marshall, MN, were asked to contact City Officials, the Chamber of Commerce, the National Wild Turkey Federation, Pheasants Forever, and the Marshall Independent.
Ideally, local action could lead to the following responses from the following organizations:
- City: Ordinance prohibiting the public display of animal carcasses, and/or requiring the prompt disposal of animal carcasses.
- Chamber of Commerce: withdraw sponsorship of the tournament.
- National Wild Turkey Federation: call for the local chapter to follow national guidelines regarding habitat improvement with tolerance for natural predators.
- Pheasants Forever: call for the local chapter to follow national guidelines regarding habitat improvement with tolerance for natural predators.
- Marshall Independent: report on all of the above. Help area residents understand the problems inherent in the tournament, and the potential solutions.