Scott's "Dogs & Traps" Seminars
Post date: Feb 28, 2012 7:59:21 PM
Scott Slocum is available to present seminars to help dog owners become more aware of the dangers that wildlife traps pose for their family pets--in places they thought were safe.His seminars provide the following opportunities:
- Gain hands-on experience with traps that could injure or kill their dogs.
- Ask and answer questions about dogs, traps, regulations, ordinances, etc.
- Offer expert testimony, and share personal experiences.
- Hear different points of view. Everyone is welcome: dog-owners and trappers alike.
About the presenter, Scott Slocum.
- His dog Phillip was killed by a body-gripping trap.
- Since Phillip's death, Scott has been learning everything he can about trapping & snaring--including safer and more effective methods.
- He's committed to raising awareness of trapping & snaring problems and solutions.
- He's asking for improved State and Municipal wildlife management--especially regarding lethal trapping & snaring.
- He's open to discussions of all the above.
Scott recorded a series of seminars at Ramsey County Public Libraries in March 2012. They're not great, but here they are (below).
Excerpt from Dogs & Traps seminar #4: trap-release demonstration (4-1/2 minutes). Focus is on deadly complications that often prevent dog rescues.
Dogs & Traps seminar #5: that night (22 minutes). Largely personal.
Dogs & Traps seminar #1: Regulations (32 minutes). Informational (boring, but appropriate for public officials, journalists, etc.).
Scott demonstrates the leash (or rope) method of releasing an animal from a body-gripping trap in an excerpt from Dogs & Traps seminar #4 (clip above).
Public marshland surrounded by suburban neighborhoods, set with deadly traps 1/26/2012.