Petition Delivered 2/18/2016
Post date: Feb 26, 2016 7:06:52 PM
To: Office of the MN Governor & Lieutenant Governor.
To: Office of the MN DNR Commissioner (Tom.Landwehr@state.mn.us).
To: MN DNR Asst. Commissioner Bob Meier (Bob.Meier@state.mn.us).
To: MN DNR Asst. Commissioner Sarah Strommen (Sarah.Strommen@state.mn.us).
From: Scott S. Slocum, White Bear Lake, MN.
Re: Petition to Prohibit Wildlife-Killing Contests in MN.
I am pleased to present you the Petition to Prohibit Wildlife Killing Contests in Minnesota with about 166,000 signatures and about 13,000 comments (of the total 18,000 comments) as of 2/12/2016.
I have included in the petition-information packet, materials including the following:
- A printed copy of the Petition, its updates, and selected comments;
- A preliminary draft of a proposed MN Hunting Contest Bill;
- A digital disc with textfiles including a full list of current Petition signers and a partial list of their comments (to be updated as comments are reviewed and cleared for submission); and
- Literature from the National Wild Turkey Federation, Pheasants Forever, Turkey Country magazine, and the City Pages.
I would like to talk with you about it, and answer any questions you might have.
At your earliest convenience, I would like to relay your response to the Petition signers
The Petition, its updates, and its top-rated comments are also available for review online at the following websites:
- The Change.org website: https://www.change.org/p/prohibit-wildlife-killing-contests-in-minnesota
- My blog: http://www.ss-slocum.info/home/WKCs
Saint Paul suburban neighborhood coyote female. No problem. Great Petition mascot..